Monday, August 12, 2013

the earth was formless and empty
the tera' ghaHta' formless je
chenHa' chIm je

Lately I've been reading Matthew Clarke's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Henry) complete commentary on the Bible. It's a classic work and I found I could get it for my Kindle for a remarkably low price - it makes a nice source for reflection in devotional reading and study. (You can also find it online at CCEL.org). I appreciate sources like this - they provide interesting insights and they aren't encumbered with controversies or concerns of our particular age.

I love this reflection:

The Creator could have made his work perfect at first, but by this gradual proceeding he would show what is, ordinarily, the method of his providence and grace. Let us learn hence, That atheism is folly, and atheists are the greatest fools in nature; for they see there is a world that could not make itself, and yet they will not own there is a God that made it. Doubtless, they are without excuse, but the god of this world has blinded their minds.

What I appreciate about that is Clarke looks at creation and recognizes, it's NOT done. God works carefully, taking his time. And he still does.

No comments: